The Riverside Inn was originally called Blood’s Hotel, and was opened by Orlando Blood on July 4, 1860. Located in the Adirondack Mtn. village of Saranac Lake, the inn would prove a popular residence for draft dodgers and those who had paid another to take their place on the battlefields of the civil war. The historic inn, visited more than once by Mark Twain, was torn down in the 1930s.
The postcard was copyrighted by Detroit Publishing in 1909 and can be compared to the original photograph on which it was based, shown below. Comparison of the two images show a few subtle differences, particularly the removal of the phone and power lines to clean up the scene on the postcard.
CARLSBAD CAVERNS NATIONAL PARK
owned and operated by Cavern Supply Co. under supervision of National Park Service. Good linches, including tea or coffee, served at reasonable prices. Open every day in the year. Adequate equipment to accommodate any size crowd.
Our Lady of Victory College & Academy, Motherhouse and Novitate of the Sisters of Saint Mary of Namur, Accredited Residence and Day School for young women and girls.
Here’s a white border postcard that offers a view of the Botanic Garden in Fort Worth, Texas. Another view, from the bottom of the vista shown on this card, can be seen here. Published by The Ledger Co. of Fort Worth, the postcard has this written on the back:
This entire project was built with relief labor and is today considered one of the most beautiful gardens in America.